Wednesday, March 07, 2012

POETRY WEDNESDAY: A MOTHER'S HEART

Here's a poem I read at Jago and Tegan's Naming Ceremony. We designed and delivered the whole ceremony ourselves in the June sunshine (a day after Tegan turned 1) in our garden overlooking the sea. Godparents & Grandparents gave readings also. I found the poem on the internet attributed to 'author unknown' - I tweaked it a bit to make it more personal for the Naming Day.

**




**

A Mother's Heart

I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our lives together have just begun
You're part of me my little ones.

As mother with child, each day I grew,
My mind was filled with thoughts of you.
I'd daydream of the things we'd share,
I thought of things you'd want to know.

I thanked the angels from above,
And promised you unending love.
And now I lay you down to sleep,
I gently kiss your head and cheek.

I count your little fingers and toes;
I memorize your eyes and nose.
I linger at your bedroom door,
Awed each day, I love you more.

Through misty eyes, I dim the light,
I whisper, "I love you" every night.
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.


**

We haven't really had the chance to think about Lorcan's Godparents nor a Naming Ceremony for him yet; we may just have a small party to celebrate his 1st birthday in May with Godparents (yet to be asked) & Grandparents.


No comments: